Friday, April 9, 2010

Wasting Time VS Creative Time

If you know me very well, you know I always have crochet hooks and yarn or string with me at all times.  For me it serves two purposes:  1) I can be creative while waiting in a doctor's office or other place like that and 2) it helps to curb my panic attacks.    I use to just carry a book.  But I found that I was reading the same paragaph over & over again, so it served no purpose!    Since I began to carry a crochet project with me, things have been so easy. 

The best part of this is that I have been able to accomplish wonderful in just short snatches of time.  Another great result of this is that I have been able to talk with others about crochet.   A few times I have made a little toy for some child who has to wait without one. (Could that be called neglect?)

The reason I bring this up is that I am not the only one who benefits from things like this.  Today on WikiHow, I found an article about carrying something with you all the time and it isn't just crochet.  Take a look and see if you can think of what you might do if you got stuck wiating for someone for a hour or more?

This also helps to cut down on the anger and frustration you might feel at the inconvenience of being forced to wait for something you hadn't planned on.

How To Make A Portable Craft Kit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home