Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Temples in Arizona

It has been announced by the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that there will be 2 new Temples in Arizona. They will be in GILBERT and in GILA VALLEY.

As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we attend the temple often and we do vicarious work for our ancestors. This is a very important aspect of our beliefs.

We believe that families can be together forever, if they have lived righteously and have the ordinances of the Temple. Some of my ancestors lived in places that did not have the Church or in times when there weren’t Temples on the earth. I want to be with ALL of my ancestors, not just a few, not just those I have known in my short time on earth. I believe that in order to be with them I need to live to a high standard in my own life and do my own ordinances. I also believe that any of my ancestors that have lived a good life and might even remotely believe in the same things I do, also need these ordinances. So TK and I help that happen.

Now, I have no control over how some of my ancestors lived, or what they believed in. I have no control over if they choose to accept the ordinances done for them or not. That is their choice! But I have done as much as I can to assure that I can be with them after this life on earth.

There are some that might think that once we do work for the dead, they are then considered a member of our church. Not so. It is their choice to accept or reject the work done in their name. But how can they make that choice if their work is not done?

Just as I believe that everyone has the right to make a choice about their own lives while living it; I also believe that their Spirit also has the same freedom. That is probably one of the most misunderstood things about the Temple and the work done there. Everyone gets to choose; but you need to have a body in order to do the ordinances.

Visit
www.mormon.org to learn more about the beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home