Thursday, February 14, 2008

It’s been a little while since I posted. Been kinda busy!

TK had his stress test on Tuesday & Wednesday. He was so worried and nervous before it even started! The tech was trying to put the sticky electrodes on his chest. TK was sweating so much that they were sliding off!! That’s worried, folks!

He said that the most difficult part made him feel worse than he did after running the physical agility test when he was young and trying out for the police academy. Now he says that he would gladly run that twice rather than having the stress test. I think it’s funny (of course I haven’t done either one) that he would rather do the “tormenting” agility tests rather than 4 minutes of the stress feelings that the radiological test created.

The test created so much adrenalin that he couldn’t get to sleep on Tuesday night until after 2 am. Then we had to go back on Wednesday for them to do more x-rays and such. Both days he was injected with the radioactive junk. The junk was kept in lead-lined tubes until it went into the body. He go that both days! I wish I had a Geiger-counter!

When he told me that his Cardiologist was there for the test and coached him on his breathing, it mad me think about the many times I have tried to coach him on breathing when he is stressed. Now he actually believes that there might be something to breathing techniques. Didn't he pay attention during the birth of our daughter?

Right now I am using up time until I go to have some teeth yanked—I mean “extracted”. Actually I am really anxious to do this. When you have had problems with your teeth for years, the thought of have some gone is a relief, not a worry. I almost wish I could just go early and tell them to sit me in a chair and let me wait because the waiting would be easier. I don’t know how this dentist does it—shots, gas, or some other way. I guess I’ll find out in about 1 ½ hours. I am also wondering how much swelling and pain there will be. That part I’m not in such a hurry to find out.

In addition to the everyday; I am helping the best therapist in the world, edit a book she is writing. I’m not sure how many others are helping her, but let me assure you – It’s an honor to have her ask me to help. There is a blessing that comes along with the editing. It is helping me remember the things she taught us about parenting. I needed the refresher course!!! It has made a difference in just the few days I have had it. It is so easy to forget after things go well for a while. I had gotten so lazy with my parenting style; I don’t know what came over me! Once she has the book done and published, I will most likely put up a glowing recommendation.

I have also been trying to get use to new glasses—bifocals. At the computer, my head is craned up so much that I have been getting a neck ache from it. But the rest of the time, it’s great. It has made me spend less time on the computer. That is both good and bad—I earn money by putting family genealogy pages into the computer for my parents. Now the pages are easier to read, but my neck hurts. (If you try, you can always find a pain or problem! – Mom, don’t say a word.)

On Tuesday night, our whole neighborhood spent dinnertime standing around watching the firetrucks, police cars and ambulances with all the people that came in them. I think there was actually more poeple working the scene than there was watching the scene.

It was some road rage that truned into a stabbing. Two of the participants were life-flighted, one with stuff out of his body that should have been in his body. From what I hear, they will recover. The other two were a father and son. It's my understanding that the father is the one that did the stabbing, but both were taken away by officers.

As my neighbors and I were talking, we decided that we need to sit outside more and be more visible. So I will take my plastic chairs out front and sit and watch the Christmas reindeer herd that still grazes in our front yard!