Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Christmas is here with more WORK

It was over 2 months ago that my computer died. Usually, that isn't too big of a problem. This time it was!

It was the motherboard that died. (If you know what that is -great. If you don't know let's just say that it is not as easy to fix as most things on the computer.) Since we couldn't do anything about it for a while, I started using T's work laptop. It would only be for a short time, right?

Well, I muddled along and all of a sudden, it had been 2 months! T had gone through ear surgery again and was mostly recovered. Now he needed his laptop back. After all, that's what he neds to make money.  Using it when I wasn't was getting to be a problem.  So yesterday, we broke down and went to AIRMATE in Mesa. This is the perfect place for us!

We took my dead computer and RICHARD (the owner) was able to give us only what we needed! I kept the same MEMORY, DVD PLAYER and HARD DRIVE! I didn't have to buy a NEW system and pay a ton of money. I got what I needed and it cost much less. RICHARD even put in the MEMORY & DVD PLAYER for me. SO COOL!

Today, I have been going over my old FAVORITES and checking out what I have missed. I didn't realized how much I missed my own system until I started re-visiting the best places and blogs I had forgoten about.

Today I have also realized how much work I have in front of me. I need to re-install all the programs I need to be able to really work. You see my old HARD DRIVE has become the second HARD DRIVE in the system. RICHARD already had a 40G drive in this new one with WINDOWS on it ready to go. Now, in reality, that can take a lot of time. So having WINDOWS installed was great. I still have all my documents & pictures and other junk I save, but I have to put the programs back on to be able to use them.

If you don't understand what the last paragraph meant-don't worry-it just means you don't speak geek!

Anyway, back on my desk-- I still have to find all the program CD's and install them. But I already have my Christmas! (and T's too).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home