Monday, December 21, 2009

Sweet Grandchildren make this world wonderful

This season it has been difficult to find the spirit.  I found it through one of my grandson's.  This was written by my sweet daughter-in-law and was posted on their private blog.  I am sharing this experience.
  _________________________________________________________

Yesterday we were driving into the Costco parking lot. Now, our Costco isn't like those we've been used to in the past. . . we can actually find a spot within the first few minutes of driving in, the lines inside don't take 20 minutes to get through, and it's only 5 minutes away from our house! Anyhow, we were nearly to the front of the parking lot when we saw this old (I mean really mature) woman (probably 80's) fall right over her young grandson. She landed on him then hit the pavement with her head. It was really, I mean, really sad to watch. It was the type of thing that just plays over and over in your head because it seems so terrible. People were there to help within seconds. We quickly found a spot and R(L's son) ran over to see if they were okay. The boys kept asking questions about what happened and when we got out, H (5 year old grandson) knelt down right by our van and said a prayer for the lady and the boy.


Tears came to my eyes as I watched my little boy display such compassion for complete strangers. This isn't the first time he has prayed for someone he didn't know. He has such a tender heart! I think we live in a pretty wonderful world. As long as we can witness strangers helping strangers and little boys praying for those strangers. . . I think we'll be ok.

I don't know what happened to the lady and the boy, but the man at Costco said they were going to go to the ER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home