Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Confessions of the Cookie Dough Monster

Yes, I love to eat cookie dough. Apparently many others like it too, which is why they make so many things in “cookie dough” flavor. But if you are at all worried about eating raw eggs, cookie dough is not the best snack.


UNTIL I FOUND THIS RECIPE – Edible Cookie Dough


This is dough that is not to be baked, but to be eaten as the dough! My kind of snack -- save the eggs and still have dough! So, I made it, and A & I eat it so fast that I have to make double batches just so it will last more than 24 hours!

I share this with you after looking at many recipes for this and putting together my own.

EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH

½ cup soft butter
¼ - ½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup milk
½ - 1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup sugar
1 ¼ cups flour
½ - 1 cup chocolate chips (optional – yeah right!)


Cream together first 5 ingredients. Add the salt and flour and mix well. Add the chocolate chips, stir to distribute.

After the dough is ready, you can leave it in the bowl and serve like that. But I prefer to form it into the same shape as the store-bought “break & bake” style. I use a large piece of plastic wrap, place the dough on it and shape into a rectangle. Then I make the cut marks to it will be easy to break off. I wrap it completely and put in the freezer/fridge.

This is also the kind of dough you would use to make your own “COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM”. Add it to softened store-bought ice cream and re-freeze. Or add it to your homemade ice cream just before you think it will stop churning so it has time to mix in.


NOTES:
* I have left out the baking powder/baking soda that most of the recipes called for – I find it doesn’t do anything for the flavor and I don’t need the leavening properties.
* Try adding some peanut butter chips or nuts, if that is your preference.
* We have to put a limit on how many sections you can take at once.


Sorry I don't have any pictures. It gets eatten too fast!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Crissie said...

Okay, I just saw your "baby ticker". After realizing that it probably wasn't you :), I figured I better check out Redge and Saralyn's blog. Yeah for them! That's great!

October 18, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home