Thursday, October 9, 2008

This is what Insomnia looks like

One night, I couldn’t sleep. I didn’t want to turn on a light because my eyes were so tired, but my body wasn’t co-operating! So I reached over to the side of my bed where I keep my yarn and grabbed a ball. I had no idea what color it was. I also fumbled for a hook in any size.

I proceeded to crochet - in the dark. I tried a number of different stitches.





I saved it to look at it and see where I need to work on my technique. As you can see, my turning needs some work! But I could feel it and worked at changing it, as the picture shows. But it still needs work!!!

There is a reason I do this – crochet in the dark and while in the dentist’s chair (see post from March 27, 2008). I want to be able to do something with my hands even if my sight gets really bad. Not being able to do something with my hands if basically a form of torture for me. I tend to talk with my hands too. If you make me sit on them, I can’t speak. (That is not a suggestion! So don’t even think about it.)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home