Saturday, November 1, 2008

October 31st

Well, I survived another Halloween. Every year when October comes, I start to build up this dread. The last day of the month is the one I would like to eliminate.


This is proof that I went to "trunk or treat" last night! At least I got to eat and I got some crocheting done. Notice that I even made a concession for the season and wore an ugly orange shirt. I was the crocheting pumpkin.
Last night was a real “sacrifice” for me. I had to give up watching the 1st round of the 2008 PBR World Finals. http://www.pbrnow.com/wf08/ This is the one sporting finals I take pains to watch! It would have been a real problem last night if I didn’t have DVR! The years that the Finals happen to fall on Halloween are the easiest for me to ignore the holiday. Just in case you haven’t talked to me in a million years, I LOVE the PBR.

Over the years, my children would have agreed, I would have gone and bought 2-3 bags of candy for each one and called it good. But they had different ideas. The lure of a costume and begging for candy in the dark was too much temptation for them. Personally, I don’t see it.

Actually, I hate it! Once the last child is out of the house, I plan on ignoring it! Only my grandchildren will entice me to admit that the day exists at all. I plan to be curled up inside the house, doing whatever I want to do that evening. I might crochet, read, watch TV, watch the PBR World Finals, make Plarn, work on the computer, or bake. I would rather do dishes or clean a bathroom; which are my least favorite chores.

TK can deal with the door if he wants to have the lights on.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home